The area has been newly mapped for this event.
This event will be very limited, in line with British Orienteering’s guidance. In particular:
- Numbers are limited to 200.
- You must pre-enter and pay in advance. The event is for members of HH and other clubs only.
- We are now offering hire dibbers on an event-by-event basis for £1 each. Those who have a long-term hire dibber, in recognition of the lack of events, we have extended the hire period to our December 2021 event.
- You should not come if you have symptoms of COVID-19, are living in a household with someone who has a possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection, have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace, or are serving a quarantine period after travel. You’ll get a full refund.
- You should only come if you believe travelling to this event is within the letter and the spirit of the Government rules about travel in force at the time. Travel to orienteering events is allowed – and sharing cars is also within the British Orienteering guidelines.
|TERRAIN||Open parkland with areas of woodland.|
|PARKING||Panshanger FC, Moneyhole Lane Playing Fields, Sylvan Way, Welwyn Garden City AL7 2RT|
|PUBLIC TRANSPORT||Moneyhole Park is 2 miles from Welwyn Garden City train station.|
|COURSES||Courses for everybody from beginners of any age to experienced orienteers.
|STARTS||Entry only via SI entries. No entry on the day. If you have a voucher from a previous HH event, don’t forget to claim it!
You can choose a 15 minute start block between 10:00 and 11:30. Courses close 12:45
|FEES||BOF members: Adults £4, Juniors £2, HH juniors free.
Dibber hire £1. Charge for lost dibbers £30.
Entry now open at SI Entries. Last date for hire dibbers Thursday 1 July 2359. If you have your own dibber you may enter online up to 1100 on Saturday, but it must be done remotely through SI Entries – we cannot take details and money on the day.
|PUNCHING||Sportident punching will be used. SIAC will be enabled but the Start and Finish controls will not be contactless and must be punched.|
|CONTROL DESCRIPTIONS||Control descriptions will be on the map|
|MAP||1:7500 pre-marked maps for all courses on waterproof paper. The area has been newly mapped for this event by Simon Errington.|
|FACILITIES||Toilets and café. Masks must be worn indoors.
Note that download is indoors but you download your dibber from outside, through the window. If you need to go indoors you still need a mask.
|DOGS||Keep on lead and clear up behind you.|
|SAFETY||Orienteering is an adventure sport. You take part at your own risk and are responsible for your own safety. A full risk assessment will have been carried out.
You should abide by the British orienteering Covid-19 Code of Conduct. In particular:
|RESULTS||Interim results will be published direct to the club website every few minutes during the event. There will be no printed results (apart from your own splits) or WiFi available, so there is no need to hang around.
Full results will be published to the same location and to Routegadget; we aim to do so on the day of the event.
The small print
This event is registered with British Orienteering, number 78680.
Orienteering is a great sport for youngsters. If you bring children, please help us to keep to our safeguarding policy and British Orienteering’s photography policy.
If you have to cancel for a COVID-related reason, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give a full refund. If the event is cancelled we will offer a choice of a full refund or a voucher for use at a future HH event. That choice will be sent to the email address used for the original entry. If you do not reply by the deadline, the default is a voucher.