Saturday series events are an ideal way to get an introduction to orienteering and try it out. Help is on hand to explain what to do and make sure newcomers are made welcome. They are suitable for all members of the family, with courses aimed specifically towards beginners and juniors. Equally, runners who would like a little challenge in their course would find these events a great alternative to a straightforward training run.
These events are held locally once a month:
|Sat 1 Sep 18||Highfield Park||Beginners & Saturday League|
|Sat 6 Oct 18||Fairlands||Beginners, Youth & Saturday Leagues|
|Sat 3 Nov 18||HABS||Beginners, Youth and Saturday Leagues|
|Sat 1 Dec 18||Verulamium||Beginners, Youth & Saturday Leagues|
|Sat 2 Feb 19||Chipperfield||Beginners, Youth & Saturday Leagues|
HH Saturday League competition
The Saturday League competition is intended to add a bit of light-hearted competition and fun to the series. Each competition runs for a calendar year and the scoring is designed to primarily reward regular attendees.
How it works
- The League runs for each calendar year – January to December.
- The League is for individuals – runs by pairs or groups do not count, although shadowing will be allowed on Yellow and Orange courses.
- Runners can freely select their preferred course for the season subject to the following constraint:- M/W 18+ cannot score on Yellow or Orange.
- M/W 18- runners moving to a longer course during the course of the season can carry forward their score from the shorter course.
- At each event runners score points as follows:
- Winner 100
- Second 97
- Then decreasing by 2 points to 9th position, 85 points.
- Then descending by 1 point to a minimum of 2 for a correctly completed course.
- Runners miss-punching or otherwise disqualified score 10 points less than the last valid finisher on their course, or 1 point if the resulting score would be less than 1.
- The two winners in each class are the male and female runners with the highest sum score from their best 8 events (out of a potential total of 10)..
The latest league positions can be found here…
Guidelines for Organisers
Comprehensive guidelines for Organisers and Planners are available in the new Wiki here….