Explorer Challenge Scheme
This scheme aims to encourage young orienteers by rewarding them for locating controls. It is ideal for the younger or less competitive who might not be able to qualify for the colour coded awards. Every time the young person visits an orienteering event, permanent course or training exercise they record how many controls they locate in a logbook [Download here].
Depending on the number of controls visited they can claim the following awards:
- 10 controls – Acorn certificate
- 25 controls – Tree certificate and badge
- 50 controls – Copse certificate and badge
- 75 controls – Wood certificate and badge
- 100 controls – Forest certificate and badge
For more information on the explorer challenge please see this page on the BSOA website.