This is a 3 hour workshop that will use the new British Orienteering Basic event workshop training resource. This is supported by a Basic Event delivery Guide, however HH also has supporting documentation on the website – under HH Know How
The objectives of the Basic Event workshop are to provide new Event Volunteers with:
- an overview of organising and planning issues that may arise before, during and after staging an orienteering event
- knowledge of the British Orienteering resources, procedures and policies which exist to ensure that orienteering events are staged safely and successfully
By the end of this training you should understand how to:
- Prepare for and conduct a safe and effective basic orienteering event with the help of a mentor
- Find useful resources and references
- Build strong working relationships with other volunteers, event helpers & other Event Officials
- Ensure compliance with the relevant rules & guidelines for the staging of orienteering events
As this is a new workshop, we wanted a mixture of experiences from HH to see how we will use this workshop in the future.
We will also include a short session as an Introduction to Sportident punching.
We hope as many of you as possible can join us there and will learn what is involved in organising an Orienteering event.
The course starts at 10:00 am and will finish by 1:00 pm.
If you have any questions please ask and if you would like join us on 9th November please let me know.