Welcome to the 2014-15 Hertfordshire Youth Orienteering League
As in previous years, the league will run over the winter, based on the HH Saturday Series. The scoring events are listed below. There have been a couple of significant rule changes:
- Firstly, we have introduced the opportunity to earn joker points if an individual attends a non-schools league HH events or a level C events run by any club. Up to 2 sets of Joker points can be earned and these are doubled if the competitor also joins HH. These will not count towards a Group’s score. The motivation is to encourage youth league competitors to make the transition to Sunday events and encourage individual HH membership.
- Secondly, shadowing is now allowed on Yellow and Orange. The rules contain a definition of shadowing making it is clear that it is just for safety and to prevent distress if the competitor becomes seriously lost. If direct assistance is given the competitor should be non-competitive.
The rules are available here..
I have a couple of requests to help us run the league. If you are bringing a large group to an event then it would be helpful if you could pre-register the competitors so that they can be pre-entered in the database and dibbers allocated. This will speed up registration on the day as those pre-entered will not need to register. The list provided need only be provisional it will be possible to make changes on the day. Please use our new online registration facility to do this.
Secondly, we would like to encourage Schools and Groups that come to the league regularly to take Group membership of the club, which I know quite a few of you have done in the past. Your membership is of great benefit to the club when we are applying for grants / recognition from outside agencies.
All of the events are on Saturday mornings with starts from 10:00 to 11:30.
The provisional list of events is:
- Saturday 4th October, Verulamium Park, StAlbans
- Saturday 1st November, Stanborough Park, Welwyn Garden City
- Saturday 6th December, Heartwood, Sandridge
- Saturday 24th January,Broxbourne Wood
- Saturday 7 March, Ashridge South, Berkhamstead
Not all permissions are yet to be confirmed, so please check the website. The full details for every event will be on the HH website around 4 weeks before the event.
Results will be posted on the web around 2 weeks after an event, however provisional results will be sent out by email slightly before this. Please email the organiser if you wish to be included on this distribution.
Lets hope for a good season. Any further questions please email me.
Hertfordshire Orienteering Youth League Organiser