The club is holding a night score activity at Fairlands Valley South on Thursday 28th December.
Night event – training suitable for all at 4:00pm, followed by a Festive score with a mass start at 5:15pm.
If you are a new or less experienced night-orienteer, we will be running a short training session in advance to help you get into it before the main activity starts:
- Meet in the Broadhall Way car park (NOT the usual Six Hills Way car park) ready to run (i.e. kitted and with shoes on) at 16:00 (so you need to be parking by 15:45).
- You will need a head-torch and a spare torch as well as the usual whistle. We may be able to arrange some loan head-torches if you don’t have one – please contact the training officer if you’re interested.
- Let the training officer know at email@example.com if you intend to attend this part so we can have sufficient training maps printed.
The score event details are as follows:
- Runners must arrive at the start in the NW corner of the Fairlands Valley Car Park, Broadhall Way, Stevenage SG2 9BN, ///tried.today.water by 17:00 ready for the briefing before the mass start at 17:15.
- Course is a 40 minute score, designed to be accessible to all club runners of Yellow standard and above.
- All runners must have a spare torch and whistle.
- We will attempt to provide informal results on the day but there will be no published results after the evening (its an activity not a competitive event).
- Please reserve your map at hh.mapreservation.org.uk. There will be no charge but the entries limit is 40. Email training officer if you have any problems.