The Hertfordshire Orienteering Club has achieved Sport England Clubmark accreditation.
Sport England’s Clubmark is a cross-sport accreditation for sports clubs with junior sections in recognition of a quality club. It is awarded through national governing bodies of sport, in our case British Orienteering. This single, national standard, helps give sports clubs with a junior section a structure and direction that will benefit them in several ways:
- Increasing membership by demonstrating that issues such as equality and child protection have been addressed gives confidence to parents choosing a club for their children.
- Developing HH by encouraging and attracting young members, helping to build a strong future.
- Developing our coaches and volunteers through help and advice given to develop the skills of everyone involved in HH.
- Raising HH’s profile with a listing on the national database and in other sporting directories that will help us attract new members and to grow.
Below are links to HH documentation pertaining to Clubmark, approved at a HH Special Committee Meeting on 04/04/05. These documents are currently available in .doc format.
- Minutes of HH Special Committee Meeting to approve Clubmark Documentation ( .doc ).
- Adopted revised HH Club Constitution incorporating changes relating to Clubmark ( .doc ).
- HH Task Description: Junior Coordinator ( .doc ).
- HH Guidelines for dealing with an incident/accident ( .doc ).
- HH Code of Conduct for Club Officials and Volunteers ( .doc ).
- HH Task Description: Training Officer ( .doc ).
- HH Code of Conduct for Parents / Carers ( .doc ).
- HH Code of Conduct for Participants ( .doc ).