Stanborough Park comprises of parkland surrounding the River Lea and two lakes, separated by the A6129 and connected by an underpass. The post code for car parking is AL8 7TB
You can download the map and instructions for free from the British Orienteering Federation website:
Alternatively, you may buy one from Better
Reception Opening Times:
April – October – 7 days a week.
November – March – Monday – Friday.
Other Things to do in the Area
- Nature Trail
- Childrens Play Area
- Watersports Activity Centre
- Rowing Boats, Pedal Boats & Water Walkers
- Model Boating Lake
- Terranova Restaurant (south side)
- Stanborough Coffee Shop (south side)
- Kiosk providing drinks and snack (north side only)
- Bouncy Castles
- Healthy Walks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Loops and stars exercises available for groups
- White and/or yellow standard controls suitable for beginners
- Orange and/or light green standard controls suitable for people with some experience
By Car : From roundabout at A1(M) junction 4, follow sign to Stanborough. Parking is at Stanborough Park – please note there are parking charges
On Foot / By Public Transport : Bus No. 300, 330 or 340 from Welwyn Garden City Bus Station (near WGC Railway Station) or walk S along Parkway, bearing right at Gosling Sports Centre (2.5km in total).